Redesigning My Bard’s Character Sheet
I play in a weekly Dungeons and Dragons campaign. It’s pretty awesome. However, over the past 2 years my character sheet has gotten a little…chaotic. Having a level 17 character is thrilling, until you realize they can do so muchand you just don’t have enough room on your character sheet to see it all.
At first I just tried to modify the standard character sheet to fit my spell slots, class abilities, and stats. It kind of worked. Ish.
While my spell slots were a lot easier to keep track of, I still had to flip pages to see my weapons and actually read the details of my class skills. This caused some issues. When I realized, at the end of a 3 hour battle, that I had forgotten to apply my +15 racial ability to every single damage roll I knew it was time for a different method. (Sorry team!)
So I decided to make my own character sheet.
I rearranged the stat blocks so my most often used stats were on the top. Then I made spaces for my spell slots and inspiration slots. The 2 largest areas were for my class features and weapons. These were pretty wordy, so I broke it down to the fewest words to get the information across. I can look at the players handbook if I forget a specific detail, but now I could at least strategize with all the information in front of me. I also added check boxes for the weapons or abilities that had once per day uses.
I removed a lot of the meta details like ‘player name’ ‘experience points’ and the math for how I got to my AC. I also shrunk the items and languages boxes. These weren’t necessary and I needed the space.
I’m pretty happy with how this turned out. It made it a LOT easier to keep track of what I could actually do, now that it is all laid out clearly on paper instead of half remembered in my brain.
I got a little carried away with customizing Nejema, so I just went ahead and painted her her own mini.